Snorkeling in Thailand

 

Thailand is an amazing place to snorkel and scuba dive. A few days ago my mom and I went snorkeling while my dad went scuba diving. We went to Koh Haa to see coral and sea creatures. 


The boat ride was 2 hours from Ko Lanta. On the boat we had breakfast, snacks, lunch and dessert. There were lots of different drinks to choose from. Once we got to Koh Haa  we had to put on our flipres, googles, snorkel and life jacket. Since my dad was scuba diving he had to put on a lot more gear.


Kob Haa consists of 5 islands that have very clear water. For the day we went to 3 of the islands to snorkel. Close to the islands, there are a lot of colorful fish and coral. Getting back to the boat after our snorkel was tough sometimes depending on the current.   With a strong ocean current, my mom and I tried to swim back to the boat but we would take 10 strokes forward and get pulled back 5 strokes.   The boat had to come to us because we couldn't swim back.


While we were snorkeling we saw many cool fish. My favorite fish were reef sharks, els and  jellyfish. We also saw large clams, sea cucumbers and sea snakes. My favorite part was swimming beside the  large schools of fish.


Experiencing ocean life has been a great learning opportunity for me. I love how peaceful and calming the ocean is. Next week I'm going to try scuba diving.

Comments

  1. What an incredible adventure! These pictures are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing experience. The water is so clear. Did you guys buy a special underwater camera? Hoping scuba diving went well for you. Leisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we just bought some photos form a scuba diver with a camera.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Temples in Cambodia