Dubai UAE

     When I was in Dubai I got to do many fun activities. On the first day we walked through the Dubai mall and saw many different stores. The mall is very unique because it has multiple areas with different types of architecture. One part is a Chinatown and other parts look like a traditional gold souk with a lot of jewelry stores in it.



On the Second day my family and I went to the Aquarium that's in the mall. I was amazed by all of the fish they had. I got to see crocodiles, freshwater fish, saltwater fish and turtles. Following the Aquarium we went to the Burj Khalifa which is the tallest building in the world. We had booked tickets for 2pm and thought we would only have to wait a few minutes to go to the top, but once we got there we had to wait for 45 min. At the top, the view was very nice but there was no glass walk and it was very crowded.

On the third day we went to a go-kart track called Dubai Kartdrome.  I felt a little intimidated as the race course looked professional and the drivers were racing at top speeds.  In my race I was racing against all adults that seemed like they were professionals. This track had a lot of twists and turns so I was looking over my shoulder to make sure I didn't spin out. Luckily throughout the race I did not crash and finished 18 out of 18 drivers, yes I was last but was smiling that I was able to complete the race.

 Next on the agenda was a football training facility to practice our skills.   I planned this training session so my mom, dad and myself could brush up on our football skills. We trained our dribbling, running, shot power, precision and control skills. My favorite activity was seeing how fast I could kick the ball. Throughout the session we had a coach teaching us what to do.



On the fourth day we took the metro to the Palm Islands.  This area is called the Palm as it is the first man made island that is in the shape of a Palm tree.  At the Palm Islands there's the world's largest water park, Many restaurants, beaches and stores. We got to see inside the hotel at the water park where there are lots of stores and Gordon Ramsay's restaurant, Street Pizza.



On our last  day in Dubai we went to Expo 2020.  It is a place where countries around the world each build an exhibit about their country.  Many of the exhibits showed off art, culture and history.  At the Expo there were 7 pavilions about different global issues. We went  to the  Mobility, Terra and Stories of Nations. The Mobility Pavilion takes you through a timeline of  how transportation has evolved over time. The Terra Pavilion is a building made out of solar  panels that can rotate 360° to capture  Sunlight throughout the day. In the Terra they teach you about the environment with fun interactive activities. In the stories of the Nations Pavilion, countries that were present in Expo- 2020 left different objects that are a part of their culture for others to see.



Dubai is the city of the future. I  enjoyed the cleanliness, beautiful architecture, sites and the green space within the city. 



Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a full couple of days visiting Dubai. The football experience sounded right up your alley. How fast could you kick it? A glass floor like the CN Tower would have been neat way up there! I’m always impressed by the fact that the Palm is a man made island 🤯
    Glad your experience was so positive.
    Leisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snorkeling in Thailand

Temples in Cambodia