Nairobi

Nairobi is the capital city of Kenya.  It is a  bustling city with several attractions.   In Nairobi I had the chance to get a personal tour of my uncle's mattress factory. He picked me up from our hotel and showed me around a small part of the factory.  We continued the tour into his office and watched the CCTV of all of the parts of the factory. He told me that he has a factory in Kisumu (a city on the east side of Kenya) 10X & larger and I was so surprised because I thought the factory in Nairobi was large. My uncle drove me around the factory and I got to see the foam for the mattresses being made. It  looked like massive marshmallows. I also got to see lots of other things like plastic chairs, plastic  bowls and cloth shopping bags.

After we were done at the factory I went go-karting and swimming at a restaurant  15 min away from the factory. The go-kart track was the longest track I've ever driven on, it's 1.4km long

While we were in Nairobi we got to see lots of families. I was able to meet aunts, uncles and cousins for the first time. My favorite part was playing with my baby cousins.  I visited the giraffe center. It was established to protect vulnerable giraffes found in the grasslands of east Africa. My favorite part was feeding the giraffes.

I am glad I was able to experience different aspects of the city and I am looking forward to continuing my travels through Kenya.



 

Comments

  1. I love that you were able to connect with so many family members. That is very special! It would have been very interesting in the mattress factory. Are his mattresses only sold in Kenya or all over Africa? I love giraffes. It would have been so neat to feed one. Did it try to lick you with its long dark tongue? Glad you and your mom kept your eye on that monkey (?) in the picture. Looks like it was ready to attack 😉 Continue to enjoy your adventures - Leisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just sells the mattress in Kenya. The giraffe only licked the food off my hand.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snorkeling in Thailand

Temples in Cambodia