Scuba Diving in Thailand

 Thailand is a beautiful place to snorkel and scuba dive. After seeing my dad having so much fun diving I wanted to try it out.  So off I went with my new mask in hand ready to explore life in the ocean.


When we were heading to the dive site  my instructor showed me how to use all of the specialized equipment.  I wore a wetsuit, flippers  had 2 regulators and an air tank.  Once I got all suited up and in the water  my instructor tied a rope to the ocean floor. This would allow me to grab onto something while practicing recovering my regulator, breathing and getting water out of my mask. After practising a few times we slowly went down 11.2m while equalizing our ears every meter. Due to pressure change as you descend into the water, you need to equalize your ears so they don’t hurt


The islands that I dove at were the same that I had snorkeled at so I was familiar with the area.  I did two dives that lasted 40 minutes each. For each dive  I reached a depth of  11 metres,  I saw many fish like dancing shrimps, bat fish and grouper. My favorite fish were giant moray which look like eels. There were also many puffer fish that expanded like a balloon. I saw very beautiful coral that resembles waffle ice cream cones.


After doing my first dive I thought it was quite simple  with the help of my instructor.  The most important advice that I got from my instructor is to breathe normally, relax and to enjoy the beauty of the ocean.



Comments

  1. Happy to hear that the diving went well. Sounds like it was a fun adventure. Leisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snorkeling in Thailand

Temples in Cambodia